Senior Computer Vision Engineer
BRINC Drones helps first responders with products that quickly and effectively respond to emergencies. Our technology allows our first responders to get eyes and ears on what's happening in indoor structures when it's too dangerous for people to enter - whether it be a fire, medical emergencies, violence, or search and rescue. We're building our LiveOps, the first iteration of BRINC's web app that will be the backbone of the software solutions that we offer to first responders alongside their drones.
We're looking for a motivated and talented backend/platform engineer to help us build this product from the ground up. Below, you'll find some information about the role, and what skills we're looking for.
- Own perception based navigation development from start to finish - from specification to implementation, testing, and product support. Collaboratively develop system architectures and execute on detailed software implementations.
- Establish top-level design architectures and implementation methodologies for the team.Clearly communicate decisions with internal stakeholders. Document contributions in a revision-controlled environment.
- Work collaboratively with software, electrical, mechanical, navigation, controls, and manufacturing engineers.
- Work closely with product partners to ensure the final product meets design intent and customer needs.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to the broader engineering team.
- 5+ years of industry experience developing computer vision based autonomous navigation solutions.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related degree
- Experience integrating with and augmenting traditional GNSS based navigation
- Experience with C, C++, Python and related programming and scripting languages
- Experience working in a fast-paced technical environment
- Experience developing and optimizing for compute constrained edge systems
- 10+ years of experience developing perceptions systems for Aerospace, Robotics, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, or related industries
- Masters of Science in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related degree
- Experience interfacing to Cameras, LiDAR, RADAR or other related perception sensors
- Experience working with embedded Linux / Yocto Linux
- Experience working with Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Experience developing systems for flight control, navigation, and autonomy applications
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements
- Ability to work independently and in a small team, take initiative, and communicate effectively
- Experience developing solutions for UAV/UAS used in commercial, industrial, or defense applications
BRINC Culture & Values
- Try the hard stuff
- Be innovative - Invent the future
- Move fast
- Listen to end-users
- Strive for excellence
- Don’t build a dystopia
- Be frugal
- Save lives through technology
If you’re interested in this role and in joining BRINC, we hope you’ll apply. We’d love to review your application and get to know more about you!
Employment & Benefits
Brinc is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is resolute in cultivating an environment that promotes safety, diversity, inclusion and equity. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering every employee so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need, please let our recruiting team know - we strive to provide appropriate accommodation and assistance.
Benefits and perks listed below may vary based on the nature of your employment with Brinc and/or the country within which you work
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for our employees and their families
- 401K plan
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Paid time off
- Flexible work environment
- Orca pass (for those in Puget Sound)
- Free parking (Seattle office)
- Free snacks, drinks and espresso (Seattle office)
Pay range: $95,000/yr - $225,000/yr. Exact compensation may vary based on skills and experience. Compensation listed below may also be considered in an offer. This will be based on the nature of your employment with BRINC and/or the country within which you work:
- Equity (stock options)
- Relocation support
- Sign-on bonus