Senior/Principal Mechanical Engineer
Our Company & Vision
BRINC Drones is striving to help all first responders by making products that quickly and effectively respond to 911 calls. Our vision is to have a mesh drone network system that responds to a 911 call in seconds rather than minutes or hours. This allows our responders to have a real-time view of what’s happening whether it be a fire, medical emergency, crime in progress, or search & rescue. This vision is already in the works with a product called LEMUR which helps SWAT teams safely enter a building without putting the suspect or officers in danger. We here at BRINC are excited to hire the best talent on the planet to help us bring this vision to a reality.
We are seeking a talented and experienced Sr. Mechanical Engineer that can lead the conceptualization, design, and testing of drone systems (UAS).
- Own hardware development from start to finish - from specification to design, prototype, testing and manufacturing.
- Work collaboratively with software, electrical, perception, controls, and manufacturing engineers.
- Design both flight hardware and test setups to validate designs.
- Establish top-level design architectures and implementation methodologies for the team. Clearly communicate design decisions with internal stakeholders.
- Perform and document design analysis and testing results; make data-driven decisions to land key product features.
- Work closely with Industrial Design partners to ensure the final product meets design intent and customer needs.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to the broader mechanical engineering team.
- 5+ years of industry experience in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience working in a fast-paced technical environment
- Experience in DFM (Design for Manufacturability), DFA (for Assembly), DFT (for Test)
- Experience with statistical tolerance analysis, dimensioning, GD&T
- Experience with industry standard 3D CAD modeling tool suites
- Working knowledge in material properties - plastics, metals, adhesives, and glass
- Working knowledge of manufacturing techniques - stamping, machining, 3D printing, injection modeling
- 10+ years of experience designing mechanical solutions for Aerospace, Robotics, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, or related industries
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or related degree
- Masters of Science in Mechanical Engineering or related degree
- Experience working with domestic and international supply chain partners
- In-depth understanding of packaging for electronics, designing for high-stress shock & vibe environments; experience with failure analysis and FEA (Finite Element Analysis)
- Experience designing thermal solutions under aggressive size & weight constraints; in-depth understanding of thermal modeling & simulation using industry standard tools (e.g. Ansys)
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements
- Ability to work independently and in a small team, take initiative, and communicate effectively
- Experience developing mechanical solutions for UAV/UAS used in commercial, industrial, or defense applications
BRINC Culture & Values
- Try the hard stuff
- Be innovative - Invent the future
- Move fast
- Listen to end-users
- Strive for excellence
- Don’t build a dystopia
- Be frugal
- Save lives through technology
If you’re interested in this role and in joining BRINC, we hope you’ll apply. We’d love to review your application and get to know more about you!
Employment & Benefits
BRINC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is resolute in cultivating an environment that promotes safety, diversity, inclusion and equity. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering every employee so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need, please let our recruiting team know - we strive to provide appropriate accommodation and assistance.
Benefits and perks listed below may vary based on the nature of your employment with BRINC and/or the location and country within which you work:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for our employees and their families
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Paid time off
- Commute support (Orca pass for those in the Greater Seattle Area)
- Free parking
- Snacks, drinks, espresso, etc.
Pay range: $95,000/yr - $225,000/yr. Exact compensation may vary based on skills and experience. Compensation listed below may also be considered in an offer. This will be based on the nature of your employment with BRINC and/or the country within which you work:
- Equity (stock options)
- Relocation support
- Sign-on bonus