Software Engineer, Full Stack
📬 About Stable
Stable makes it simple to headquarter a business on the internet. Companies like Indiegogo, Lugg, and Hipcamp use Stable to maintain their business address, digitize their mailbox, and manage their company from anywhere. To date, over 1000 business addresses and mailboxes have been created with Stable.
The growth we’ve seen has been fueled by a change in the world — no longer is a business tied to physical proximity or geography.
Whether it's to incorporate, open a bank account, sign a contract, or another imperative business task, institutions make antiquated assumptions about the way businesses now operate — requiring physical addresses, demanding wet signatures, communicating through only physical mail.
For modern companies, especially those that have gone virtual, this is a painful experience that doesn't make sense for the new way of work — our mission is to fix this.
Starting with business addresses and mail, we take the complex, archaic systems that make company-building painful and turn them into delightful experiences — so that modern businesses have the tools they need to move forward faster.
We're backed by leading Silicon Valley investors like Y Combinator, Craft Ventures, Shakti, Hustle Fund, and founders from companies like Lattice, Apartment List, and FlexJobs.
This is an opportunity to join an early-stage startup as one of the first employees and have work that directly impacts the future of how companies are built.
As a software engineer at Stable you will contribute to every part of our codebase — from APIs, to internal tools, to customer facing web applications, the infrastructure you build will compound in effectiveness to empower our growing customer base, team, partners, and third party consumers.
Stable is simplifying outdated and convoluted regulatory frameworks with software. As an engineer on our team, you’ll help create elegant abstractions over archaic foundations so that consumers of this infrastructure can unlock solutions never before possible.
Your day-to-day work will directly influence how customers and partners interact with our products. Here are a few examples of the types of projects you’ll work on:
- Stable Dashboard — A well designed web application for customers to view and take action on their mail, find meaningful business information, and more. From founders to ops teams, our users log in to Stable daily to handle critical business operations.
- Mail Operations — An internal facing web application at the nexus of our physical and digital mail operations. This software efficiently aids in the ingestion of mail, fulfillment of operation requests, speed at which we turnaround mail, and more.
- Core Infrastructure — Architect and implement the underlying infrastructure that powers our products and physical logistics.
- Stable API — A public API that allows consumers to utilize the software abstractions we’ve put over our physical operations for use cases in fields like fintech, healthcare, and more.
This role is ideal for engineers invigorated by solving difficult problems and by building software with a large impact. You’ll be one of the first engineers at an early-stage startup, and should be excited to apply your analytical, hacker-first, mindset towards problems of all types.
😀 Who you are
- Driven by impact: You consistently see the possibility in what could be. The idea that you can make the future better than the present is exciting — and you want to be surrounded by others that share this ambition.
- Learn by doing: You are motivated by results, and naturally understand which problems are most important to solve first. When challenges arise, you believe the best way to solve them is by tackling them head on.
- Form deep relationships: You can easily put yourself in others’ shoes and enjoy understanding varying perspectives. You’ve found a result of this tendency are relationships you care about deeply.
✅ What You'll Do
- Architect and implement core infrastructure as we scale with growing customer and product demand
- Establish engineering best practices for code deployment, review, and development
- Pull from previous engineering experiences to creatively solve real world logistics problems using software
- Lead product and feature implementation while balancing customer, team member, and stakeholder requirements with engineering team priorities
- Technologies we use: React, Typescript, Node, GraphQL, MySQL, and AWS (if you think a new technology can solve an engineering problem better, we’re all ears)
🎁 What we offer
- Competitive salary and generous equity 🚀
- Unlimited vacation-time 🏖
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance 🏥
- Home office set-up 🖥
- Work from anywhere within US time zones (GMT-5 to GMT-10) 💻
- Opportunities to shape the future of Stable and grow into leadership roles 💌