Strategy MBA Intern
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2024
Cardiosense is a digital health company that operates at the intersection of wearable technology and artificial intelligence to improve patient health. Our mission is to use physiological waveform data to predict cardiac illness and enable early interventions so people can enjoy healthier, longer lives.
To achieve our mission we are building a physiological waveform AI platform to develop predictive biomarkers to detect and manage cardiac disease. The company has developed a suite of novel digital tools, multi-sensor devices, and analysis algorithms for use by care providers to detect clinical worsening earlier, inform personalized therapy, and improve patient outcomes.
Our team brings together experts in data science, electronics, and healthcare and has partnered with leading healthcare and academic institutions to introduce the next generation of patient waveform monitoring and analytics solutions.
Cardiosense is building a virtual heart failure (HF) management solution, SenseHF™, to aid healthcare providers in remote hemodynamic-guided diuretic and guideline-directed medical therapy (GDMT) optimization of their patients living with congestive heart failure (CHF) using proprietary AI-algorithms to measure pulmonary capillary wedge pressure (PCWP).
About the role:
The Strategy MBA Intern will be instrumental in developing our commercial strategy and product roadmap for our virtual cardiac care platform. The ideal candidate should be mission-driven, creative in driving business value and comfortable operating in a fast-paced, often ambiguous environment. The Strategy MBA Intern will report to the Director of Marketing & Business Operations and will also work closely with the executive team. This is a unique opportunity to gain exposure to multiple business areas and marketing functions and serves as the point person for key initiatives that drive business strategy.
What you'll be doing:
- Conducting primary and secondary market research, leading competitive analysis, and partnering with consultants to investigate market opportunities, understand clinical workflows, and develop strategic marketing plans for targeted opportunities.
- Developing business cases and P&L forecasts for targeted business applications
- Serving as the voice-of-customer that will guide the product roadmap by gathering, synthesizing, and communicating insights from research with key stakeholders (e.g., physicians, payors, business partners)
- Driving the development of marketing collateral for all aspects of the business (e.g., media relations, conferences, business development, clinical marketing, medical affairs, etc.)
- Developing and championing company messaging to key audiences
- Creating reporting materials and presentations for a variety of stakeholders including company leadership and investors
- Coordinating medical conference and industry trade show activities
- Supporting corporate marketing and communications activities
- Establishing processes that promote company efficiency, support company culture and values.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years’ experience in healthcare strategy, preferably at a high-growth startup, healthcare payor or provider or consulting firm
- Alacrity to learn, solve problems, take ownership, and build their career within a high growth startup
- Mission-driven and excited about the impact new technologies could have on our health
- Passion for the healthcare industry and all its esoteric nuances
- Strong understanding of payor landscape across value-based and fee-for-service stakeholders is highly preferred
- Comfortable with change and thrive in the environment it creates
- Strong business acumen and proven ability to perform analysis, draw key insights, and form and execute a strategy
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and experience leading engagements with external stakeholders
- Self-starter who is able to own complex projects with minimal input, break them into smaller components, and relentlessly drive towards execution
- Highly analytical and must have advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills
Location and Travel:
Candidates located in or willing to relocate to the Chicago, IL area or Raleigh-Durham, NC area (hybrid). This position may require 10-20% travel depending on candidate’s location.
Cardiosense is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, disability status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.