Software Engineer, IoT
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Cardiosense is a digital health company that operates at the intersection of wearable technology and artificial intelligence to improve patient health. Our mission is to use physiological waveform data to predict cardiac illness and enable early interventions so people can enjoy healthier, longer lives.
To achieve our mission we are building a physiological waveform AI platform to develop predictive biomarkers to detect and manage cardiac disease. The company has developed a suite of novel digital tools, multi-sensor devices, and analysis algorithms for use by care providers to detect clinical worsening earlier, inform personalized therapy, and improve patient outcomes.
Our team brings together experts in data science, electronics, and healthcare and has partnered with leading healthcare and academic institutions to introduce the next generation of patient waveform monitoring and analytics solutions.
Software Engineer, IoT
What you’ll be doing:
As a Software Engineer, IoT at Cardiosense, you will be directly responsible for designing, programming, and testing IoT device technologies.
In this role, you will:
- Design and develop embedded software solution for connected IoT medical device.
- Responsible for the development and verification of connectivity data pipeline from device to cloud.
- Drive technical deployment of device connectivity in-facility and clinical environments.
- Develop and develop security strategy to protect data at rest and in transit.
- Collaborate with hardware team to ensure device requirements are met.
- Support software QA. Develop tools for unit testing and oversee code reviews for embedded and cloud software.
What we're looking for:
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience with wireless devices and/or IoT device management
- Understanding of ARM architecture and C/Embedded C programming.
- Experience with wireless communication protocol including 802.11 and Bluetooth.
- Experience with MQTT and HTTP(S) protocol both on embedded devices and on the cloud.
- Experience with network security protocols including TLS, SSL, WPA/WPA2/WPA.
Location and Travel:
Candidates located in or willing to relocate to the Chicago, IL area are preferred.
Cardiosense is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, disability status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.