Principal Technical Architect
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Cardiosense is a digital health company that operates at the intersection of wearable technology and artificial intelligence to improve patient health. Our mission is to use physiological waveform data to predict cardiac illness and enable early interventions so people can enjoy healthier, longer lives.
To achieve our mission we are building a physiological waveform AI platform to develop predictive biomarkers to detect and manage cardiac disease. The company has developed a suite of novel digital tools, multi-sensor devices, and analysis algorithms for use by care providers to detect clinical worsening earlier, inform personalized therapy, and improve patient outcomes.
Our team brings together experts in data science, electronics, and healthcare and has partnered with leading healthcare and academic institutions to introduce the next generation of patient waveform monitoring and analytics solutions.
What you'll be doing:
As Principal Technical Architect, you will play a key role on our leadership team and spearhead the build out of our core platform infrastructure connecting our hardware, software, and clinical AI products into a unified, end-to-end patient monitoring solution.
In this role you will:
- Lead design, architecture, and development for cloud data platform and software application roadmaps.
- Manage cross-product technical dependencies and drive alignment across embedded systems, data science, and software development teams.
- Collaborate with product teams to translate user workflows into technical specifications and design implementations.
- Manage design and deployment of ML infrastructure from data ingestion to model deployment, supporting AI development from early feasibility to production rollout
- Work closely with health systems to integrate our products and data into their clinical workflows and electronic medical records.
- Define and implement agile software best practices, release management, CI/CD, code review, unit testing, and testing automation
- Ensure compliance with all relevant data privacy and cybersecurity standards. Mentor and train team members on design techniques, systems architecture, and coding stan
What we're looking for:
- 10+ years of experience designing and building highly scalable, distributed software systems
- 5+ years of experience managing development teams through full product lifecycle: from concept, through commercialization, to production maintenance. Hands-on development experience and proficiency in multiple technologies, preferably Java and Python
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL data systems (e.g. Postgres MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra etc.)
- Strong experience with microservices/containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes etc.), infrastructure automation tools (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.), and public cloud service providers (e.g. GCP, Azure, AWS).
- Experience with distributed stream processing (e.g. Kafka, Spark, Storm). Strong desire to lead and develop junior team members.
Bonus Points if you have:
- Experience working with IoT devices, health data, and digital signal processing
- Familiarity with Software as a Medical Device (SaMD) development
- Familiarity with model deep learning tools such as TensorFlow and PyTorch
- Working in regulated environments (e.g. FDA, ISO 270001, 13485, 62304, HIPAA, SOC2, etc.)
- Experience with HL7, Smart on FHIR and Mirth Interface Engine
Location and Travel:
Candidates located in or willing to relocate to the Chicago, IL area are preferred, though remote candidates will be considered. This position may require 10-20% of travelling depending on candidate’s location.
Cardiosense is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, disability status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.